December 28, 2008

No excuses

Today I help kaiyan at her final, it's a extremely unexpected situation. But here I wanna just write down some words that Miss Wang and Jerry told today, I think it's really helpful for the attitude in doing research.

Jerry said that you must be responsible to yourself. The only one thing that he asks his family, students and coworkers is that you must have to concentrate in what you are doing right now. He points out some wrong typings in papers and remind one always has to be careful at every detail. What you care must show up at what you write or what you speak. Of course you have to face your reaearch very seriously, it's a academic place. We have rules to be followed, and surely seperate it from many personal suffering, however. He also mentioned his own experience in being a professors in college. No one cares your personal life and difficulties, everybody know what you've already done, that's quite simple. No more excuses, that's all what he wanna tells.

Miss. Wang, well, I wanna give her a big hug. Because today she encourage me a lots to fulfill what I really desire in my whole life. She said every choice is a struggle, you may spend so much time to make a single decision. The most important thing is that you must know what you really want. After listening to hundreds of suggestions, you will have a clear mind to choose from them. Go for it, she encourage me.

No comments: