December 04, 2007

2007 Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival


On the very first moment that I got the schedule book in hand, it didn't really attract me a lot. I just glanced those short introductions for each films and give some marks on very few of them. However, I found out that it's a amazing world especially when I hold my schedule book with the signature of HALLAM FOE's director David Mackenzie tonight. It's really a wonderfully directed movie : )


The best part of this film is the illustratons on the both beginning and ending parts, it gives a close comparison to Hallam's personality I think. Though the movie told clearly about how a young man get lost or have some difficulty to show his own emotions which seems not really pretty, but the lovely illustration also make audiences know Hallam's innocence and artlessness. And the music is what I impressed most as well, they expreesed each sence perfectly. No wonder it's the winner of Best Film Music in 2007 Berlin international film festival.

How lucky to hear David talk about his masterpiece. My another favorite film is To Each His Own Cinema. I'm also satisfied with these nice films in GoldenHorse this year.

No comments: